Vitra Eames Aluminium Chair EA 101/103/104
The Vitra Eames Aluminium Chairs (EA101/ EA103/ EA104 ) are one of the greatest furniture designs of the twentieth century. Charles and Ray Eames originally designed it in 1958 for the private residence of an art collector in Columbus, Indiana (USA). For the construction of the Aluminium chair, the designer couple abandoned the principle of the seat shell, instead stretching a panel of fabric or leather between two aluminium side members to create a taut but elastic seat. The Eames Aluminium chair adapts to the body of the sitter and is exceedingly comfortable, even without elaborate upholstery.
The Eames Aluminium Group includes several different models (EA101/ EA103/ EA104 ) for use in homes, offices and public areas. Vitra has produced the Eames Aluminium Group chairs over a period of decades in the same superior quality. This experience allows us to offer a 30-year guarantee on all of the chair models in the Aluminium Group.
- Chair with medium-high backrest, table-oriented sitting position.
- Backrest and seat in mesh fabric or upholstered in Hopsak with high-frequency welded horizontal ribbing
- Die-cast ALuminium Armrests on the EA 103 & the EA 104
- Four Star Base in die-cast aluminium
- This is a made to order product
The Vitra Eames Aluminium Chair comes with a Full Vitra warranty