Vitra Organic Highback Chair
Vitra Organic Highback Chair by Charles Eames & Eero Saarinen
Charles Eames and Eero Saarinen created several different versions of the Organic Chair for the “Organic Design in Home Furnishings” competition held in 1941 by the MoMA. From a technical perspective, the designs were ahead of their time. However, due to the lack of suitable manufacturing technology, they never went into serial production. It was only later that organically shaped seat shells could be produced and sold in larger quantities, exemplified by the Eames Plastic Chair by Charles & Ray Eames or the Tulip Chair by Eero Saarinen.
The Vitra Organic Highback Chair is an elegant reading chair perfect for use in libraries, studies, home offices or simply in private reading corners.
- Dimensions: W850 x D785 x H1070mm
- Seat height: 355mm
- Armrest height: 605mm
- Laminated seat shell
- Polyurethane foam
- Price shown for F60 'Hopsak' fabric
- Other fabrics available (F80 'Cosy' / F100 'Tonus' / F120 'Credo')
- Black ash or natural oak legs
- Plastic glides for carpet as standard
- Felt glides for hard floor also included
- Designed by Charles Eames & Eero Saarinen, 1940
This product is made to order
The Vitra Organic Highback Chair comes with a full manufacturers warranty.